After weekends away, summer tans and vacations nobody wants to be sitting at their desk listening to their professors babble on about finance or bio. Here are some helpful tips on how to ease to pain and have a smooth transition back into school life.
- Go back a few days early, this will allow you to see your friends, relax and get yourself into the right mindset before classes start. You can start to unpack, restock your groceries and look at your schedule.
- Plan something fun to do the weekend or even day you and your friends get back to school. This can be something as simple as a pregame for a night out, or a dinner. This will give you something to look forward to.
- Get a head start, buy cute school supplies and purchase a planner. You can even start looking at your class syllabi. This will help you feel organized and prepared for your classes so you are not stressing out the night before.
- Get involved on campus. Remember all those cool clubs you signed up for (chocolate club, skateboarding club, hookah club..) check your email and see if they have any meetings coming up. This could give you something else to look forward to.
- If these tips are not enough, don’t worry, you still have syllabus week to help you adjust. Take advantage of it.