We all know college budgets are tight, but this doesn’t mean you can’t live in a trendy apartment that will make all your friends jealous. Here are some tips to help you decorate your apartment affordably.
- DIY Projects are not as hard as they look. Go on tumblr and find some cute ideas. You can most likely find a step-by-step instruction guide on how to make things for super cheap. Things like candleholders, posters, and other décor can be easily made. Use thinks like old wood, corks from wine and empty vodka bottles (cause we know you have them) to make cool crafts!
- The Free and For Sale Facebook group is one of the best groups out there. People give out great things for free or super cheap!
- Go to stores like Ikea or target. You can almost anything there that you might need for your off –campus apartment for a reasonable price.
- Buy removable wall decals. This is a lot better than permanent wallpaper or paint. It’s a lot less expensive and a lot more convenient. Plus you won’t have to re-paint it at the end of the year.
- Buy cheap posters and frame them, they will look so much nicer and will make your boring wall look a lot livelier.
- Get fun throw pillows and fairy lights. You will be surprised what a difference this could make!
- Play around with storage – try a clothing rack or look for cool shelves at the thrift store. Clutter will make your apartment look smaller than it is, so it’s always good to get rid of all magazines, furniture and unwanted junk.